F♯ A♯ ∞ LP (Three different front cover: Train, Water tower, Highway Lights)
by godspeed you black emperor!
F# A# ∞ was recorded at the original Hotel2Tango in spring 1997 on a rented 16-track tape deck and supplemented with various field recordings. In the preceding year, the band had taken shape as a quasi-orchestral outfit involving most of the players that would go on to make three more records and tour the world many times. This is the first recorded document of Godspeed as a large band and is soaring, fragile, awkward, heartbreaking stuff. Constellation released a vinyl-only pressing of 500 copies in August 1997, with LP jackets hand made by the label, the band, and various local artisans. It has since gone through dozens of re-presses, with virtually all of the original packaging elements preserved. The opening monologue on Side One (“Dead Flag Blues”) is taken from Incomplete Movie About Jail, an unfinished film by Efrim.
Release date: 14 August 1997
Running time: 34:00
LP jacket made from 80lb. burgundy textured uncoated cardstock with blind embossed front cover text. Three different front cover images (train, water tower, highway lights) are hand-glued on the front cover (original first run of 500 featured black and white darkroom prints; subsequent editions are offset printed). Back covers are individually hand-drawn with illuminated cross icon and catalogue number and are hand-stamped with Constellation logo; all in silver ink. Inserts include a penny crushed on Montreal railroad tracks, blueprint album graphic and notes, credit sheet and reproduction of an early GY!BE show handbill - all placed inside a plain manila envelope (original first run of 500 featured acetone transfers hand-printed on each envelope). Additional 8”x8” insert card of train locomotive image silkscreened in various colours on various recycled papers over the years.
1. SIDE A: nervous, sad, poor
2. SIDE B: bleak, uncertain, beautiful
Aidan (drums), Bruce (drums), Christophe (violin), David (guitar), Efrim (guitar), Mauro (bass), Moya (guitar, banjo), Norsola (cello), Thea (french horn), Thierry (bass).
Recorded and mixed on 16-track reel-to-reel at thee mighty Hotel2Tango in Montreal by the band along with Don and Ian, May 1997.
Buy on: http://cstrecords.com/cst003/
- stoopskid ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- A itsscottmsblog le gusta esto
- exiledfromlightt ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- A hipstercarrick le gusta esto
- captainface ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- A futureimagery le gusta esto
- A eerieheights le gusta esto
- A hierofantte le gusta esto
- unloving-motherboard ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- A unloving-motherboard le gusta esto
- heartshrink ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- A astiocles13 le gusta esto
- A moth-princess le gusta esto
- captalnamerlca ha reblogueado esto desde badhoc
- A caipirinhademorango le gusta esto
- foxxhole2122 ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- A foxxhole2122 le gusta esto
- A polycement le gusta esto
- radical-dadass ha reblogueado esto desde ignoble-crook
- badhoc ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- ignoble-crook ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- sunset-sarsaparilla ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- cherniydiavel ha reblogueado esto desde fuckyeahgybe
- fuckyeahgybe ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- A aconstantheadache le gusta esto
- insertreferencehere ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- boymeats ha reblogueado esto desde sinformavacio
- A blackbird02 le gusta esto
- sinformavacio ha publicado esto